The Battle of Overlook
Last Updated 2017 June 01
- Actions must be declared before dice are rolled.
- Dice must roll and stop on the table, landing reliably on a flat surface in such a way that it cannot be contested. The dice must roll more than slide.
- Each player rolls dice for their own actions. If a player is away from the table for a valid reason (helping in the kitchen, in the bathroom), with their permission, another player may make a roll as their substitute.
DM Mechanics Houserules
- At 5th level, PCs gain a To-Hit bonus as if granted an Expertise feat. Standard Expertise feats are unavailable.
A Critical Hit does not maximize damage on a Precision-based damage (eg. Critical Hit dice, Hunter’s Quarry)20170601 For the Ranger’s Prime Shot feature: “closest” means “closer than any other friendly character.”20170601
- Items and features that prevent Opportunity Attacks instead grant a +4 item bonus to AC.
Static +dmg items are disallowed.20170601
Setting Specific Rules
- Advantage/Disadvantage rules used for Armor and Skill Checks.
- Planar Travel is extremely rare and always augmented by a complex ritual
- Resurrection is extremely rare. The Raise Dead ritual is instead a Heal Disability.
Feats and Gear
- Pacifist Healer feat banned
- Feats that specifically improve bonus to Death Saves banned
- Each Multiclass feat taken rates you one additional Multiclass feat of the same line without cost.